hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Two requests from a grumpy old man
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2011 19:37:00 GMT
> Actually, I think that anybody who maintains any kind of reference to a JIRA
> whether in a distribution or in their own head would like the meaning of a

> JIRA to be relatively static.

I don't remember proposing to change the meaning of a JIRA with amendments. This is a separate
conversation.

I suppose in theory if we leave open the possibility for committers to amend a commit for
a week they can do anything, but what I see with HBase anyway is amendments fix problems introduced
by the change, or add missing files to fix the build.

Best regards,

   - Andy