hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Two requests from a grumpy old man
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2011 20:40:14 GMT
> Why remove the day limit Andrew?

Both proposals seek middle ground between one JIRA that rolls up all related changes, or a
bunch of JIRAs for different aspects of a single commit. I think both extremes are best to
be avoided. I think Todd's 24 hour limit is overly and artificially constraining and not
that realistic for a newly committed change to be well tested by the community. Bounding changes
between releases is definitely good for sanity. So is there some time limit in between that
has consensus support then?

> My guess is that Todd suggested the> 24 hour bound because it simplifies the archeological
dig figuring
> what hbase civilization was like back when they released 0.90.x?

I don't see this as an issue? People generally know how to use grep, and the proposal includes
an agreement to use commit messages of the form "Amend HBASE-XXXX".

Best regards,

   - Andy