hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Two requests from a grumpy old man
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2011 21:59:41 GMT
I concur with both points more or less.

Let me amend #1 slightly for your consideration:

    1) A followup commit is fine so long as it includes in the commit message a description
of what differs, eg a commit message format like: "Amend HBASE-nnnn. [...]"

    2) A followup commit may never be done "across versions".

    3) Backport commits are of course OK so long as the patch is essentially the same.

This is what Todd proposed without a time limit for amendments leading up to a release. It
still respects release boundaries.

Regarding #2, I made a mistake once with that and learned my lesson then. Good practice to
wait a day.

Best regards,

   - Andy