hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Msft.... (renamed thread)
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 15:59:42 GMT
When Microsoft acquired Powerset, Stack and Jim were still working there, but were disallowed
by policy to contribute to HBase ... for months. My understanding is this was due to concerns
about intellectual property -- open source fright?. Anyway, it was a disruptive period for
the project that was resolved when Stack left.

Best regards,

   - Andy