hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Lars George <lars.geo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Field separator for table coprocessor specifications changed with HBASE-4048
Date Sun, 03 Jul 2011 09:06:41 GMT
Hi Andy,

Thank you for pointing this out. I have fixed this in my documentation too. Otherwise I might
have missed it.

Appreciated!

Lars

On Jul 1, 2011, at 7:35 PM, Andrew Purtell wrote:

> The choice of ':' as the field separator for table coprocessor specifications, which
reside in HTableDescriptor attributes, was unfortunate because Hadoop FileSystem URIs will
contain this character. So partly to simplify HBASE-4048 and partly for the sake of clarity,
HBASE-4048 changes the field separator from ':' to '|'.