hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject HBase 0.92 branch
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2011 16:47:39 GMT
Hi,
I want to conduct a small poll on when we should create 0.92 branch.

Since build 2047, TRUNK build has been on a steady decline. I believe even
if this trend is reversed, it is hard to guarantee that TRUNK build would be
healthy in the future.
Now that the issues on http://s.apache.org/x4 have come down to 18, I think
we should consider branching 0.92 soon (maybe after HFile v2 and HBASE-4027
go in and we fix the broken build).
After branching, we can focus on the following:
1. every checkin to 0.92 branch shouldn't break its build. This requires the
committer to perform at least one complete test suite run before checking
in.
2. patches for issues on http://s.apache.org/x4 are allowed to go into 0.92
branch. New issues outside the list have to collect 3 +1 from committers
before going in.

0.92 branch would contain coprocessor, HFile v2 and HBASE-4027.
We should let people try it out soon rather than later.

Thanks for your attention.