hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Lars George <lars.geo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Edit for your book Lars. WAS --> Re: A question about zookeeper.session.timeout
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2011 18:35:39 GMT
We also figured that you MUST set the maxSessionTimeout to the same value
when using a stand alone ZooKeeper ensemble. The managed is fine, but the
stand alone without that extra option in the zoo.cfg will negotiate the
timeout to be a maximum of 20 x tickTime, so 40-60 seconds. In that case the
3 minutes value set in the hbase-default.xml is useless.