hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: HBase 0.92 branch
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2011 17:04:09 GMT
On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 9:47 AM, Ted Yu <yuzhihong@gmail.com> wrote:
> Since build 2047, TRUNK build has been on a steady decline. I believe even
> if this trend is reversed, it is hard to guarantee that TRUNK build would be
> healthy in the future.

I think we can fix it.

> Now that the issues on http://s.apache.org/x4 have come down to 18, I think
> we should consider branching 0.92 soon (maybe after HFile v2 and HBASE-4027
> go in and we fix the broken build).

I suppose I'd like the issues to go to zero before we branched but I
can go along w/ the above; if we held to my way of doing things we
might never branch.

> After branching, we can focus on the following:
> 1. every checkin to 0.92 branch shouldn't break its build. This requires the
> committer to perform at least one complete test suite run before checking
> in.

I'll set up a build of the branch soon as we branch.  I've been
responsible for build breakage of late.  Will reform myself.

> 2. patches for issues on http://s.apache.org/x4 are allowed to go into 0.92
> branch. New issues outside the list have to collect 3 +1 from committers
> before going in.

I'd say 3+1s if its a 'big' change.  The small stuff should just let go through.

Good stuff,
St.Ack