hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: ANN: The first 0.90.4 release candidate, 0.90.4RC0, is available for download
Date Sat, 23 Jul 2011 15:59:06 GMT
On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 8:01 AM, Eric Charles
<eric.charles@u-mangate.com> wrote:
> There were 2 java processes left-over from a previous timed-out Test.
> I didn't have the reflex to look for open ports.
> Could have been a MiniHBaseCluster also with master and region servers.

Good on you Eric.  Some test must not be cleaning up after itself.  If
a failed build because of TestShell failures, seems like we should
look at previous build to see what failed there and check that it is
cleaning up minihbasecluster after itself.

> Btw, running 'mvn test' on 0.90.4 release candidate gives here 1 failure:
> testWritesWhileGetting(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.TestHRegion)
>  Time elapsed: 0.19 sec  <<< FAILURE!
> junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: expected:<\x00\x00\x00<> but
> was:<\x00\x00\x00:>

I just tried it and it passed for me.  It failed though up on jenkins
on the above test,
https://builds.apache.org/view/G-L/view/HBase/job/hbase-0.90/242/testReport/,
though it just passed.

I think this RC is going down though.  I see in cluster testing that
my fix for HBASE-3872 adds an ugly WARN to the master logs
(HBASE-4129).  We should also get in Andrew's REST fixes.

Good stuff,
St.Ack