hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: HBase 0.92 branch
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2011 16:36:54 GMT
On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 5:13 PM, Ted Yu <yuzhihong@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Our practice is RTC with one +1 other than patch creator being sufficient
> for commit, and CTR for trivial changes. I'm -1 on changing this.
> Fair.

I think Ted was just trying to put a bit of commit friction else
fellas like me will keep piling on the features and the 0.92 will
never go out.

But yeah, 3 +1s per commit is a little onerous.

> Shall we branch when we have a successful TRUNK build after the three
> blockers on http://s.apache.org/x4, HFile V2 and HBASE-4027 get checked in ?

I'm fine w/ branching after the blockers are fixed..  I think a couple
of our criticals should graduate to blockers.  Let me do quick review.

St.Ack