hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: HBASE-4089 & HBASE-4147 - on the topic of ops output
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2011 16:58:16 GMT
What I'd prefer is something like:

interface BlockCacheReportSink {
  public void reportStats(BlockCacheReport report);
}

class LoggingBlockCacheReportSink {
  ... {
    log it with whatever formatting you want
  }
}

then a configuration which could default to the logging implementation, but
orgs could easily substitute their own implementation. For example, I could
see wanting to do an implementation where it keeps local RRD graphs of some
stats, or pushes them to a central management server.

The assumption is that BlockCacheReport is a fairly straightforward "struct"
with the non-formatted information available.

-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera