hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Meil <doug.m...@explorysmedical.com>
Subject HBASE-4089 & HBASE-4147 - on the topic of ops output
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2011 11:15:00 GMT

Hi Folks-

You probably already my email yesterday on this...
   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-4089 (block cache report)

...and I just created this one...
   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-4147 (StoreFile query
report)

What I'd like to run past the dev-list is this:  if Hbase had periodic
summary usage statistics, where should they go?  What I'd like to throw
out for discussion is that I'm suggesting that it should simply go to the
log files and users can slice and dice this on their own.  No UI (I.e.,
JSPs), no JMX, etc.

The summary out the output is this:
BlockCacheReport:  on configured interval, print out summary of blockcache
(at table/CF level) to log file. This one is point-in-time, not delta.

StoreFile read report:  on configured interval, print out summary of
StoreFile accesses and how much time was spent reading each StoreFile to
log file.

Thoughts?

Doug