hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Zhoushuaifeng <zhoushuaif...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Region "auto-split"
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2011 12:46:54 GMT
What's your settings of this : hbase.hregion.max.filesize ?
If your setting is more than 1GB, and total size in the region less than this , your region
will not split.

Zhou Shuaifeng(Frank)

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Morello [mailto:michael.morello@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2011 8:28 PM
To: dev@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Region "auto-split"

Hello,

I'm testing the trunk revision of HBase and there is something that
seems strange to me regarding the "auto-split" region feature, here is
my test case :
I generate a lot of data with a simple client into a newly created
table with no predefined region. Everything is stored in the first
"default" region but this region is never splitted (I currently have a
region with a single file store of more than 1Go).

It seems that it is the responsability of the MemStoreFlusher to call
the CompactSplitThread (line 359 of MemStoreFlusher) and schedule a
split, but this part is never called.
More precisely one of the condition that is expected to be true in
order to schedule a split is that isTooManyStoreFiles(region) is true,
this could never happen.

Is it an expected behaviour or is it a known problem ?

Thanks,

Best regards,
--
Michael