hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HBase 0.92 branch
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2011 18:10:11 GMT
> New issues outside the list have to collect 3 +1 from committers before going in.

-1

Do we actually have bylaws?

Our practice is RTC with one +1 other than patch creator being sufficient for commit, and
CTR for trivial changes. I'm -1 on changing this.

Hadoop core recently ran a vote to increase the threshold for RTC to three +1s for commits
that represent a branch merge. I support this for HBase. So if people think some big "new
issue" needs additional review, then we make a feature branch for it and require three +1s
for merge commit.

Best regards,

   - Andy