hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Kihwal Lee <kih...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: HDFS-1599 status? (HDFS tickets to improve HBase)
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2011 14:07:11 GMT
HDFS-941
The trunk has moved on so the patch won't apply.  There has been significant changes in HDFS
lately, so it will require more than simple rebase/merge.  If the original assignee is busy,
I am willing to help.

HDFS-347
The analysis is pointing out that local socket communication is actually not the problem.
The initial assumption of local socket being slow should be ignored and the design should
be revisited.

I agree that improving local pread performance is critical.  Based on my experiments, HDFS-941
helps a lot and the communication channel became no longer the bottleneck.

Kihwal