hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBASE 3904
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 00:43:09 GMT
Here is the scenario that
Vidhyashankar<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ViewProfile.jspa?name=vidhyash>
will
run into after HBA.createTable() is modified:

HBA.createTable() takes too long to execute. Client receives Socket timeout
exception.
Client calls HCM.isTableAvailable() which would report inaccurate status.
I want to get other developers' opinion on whether HCM.isTableAvailable()
should be accurate.

Thanks