hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Help with 0.92 new feature list
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2011 17:24:07 GMT
Its tough when you only have a short amount of time.  The other aspect
is that issues that may have taken a bunch of work and touched loads
of code may not be of interest when giving a high-level overview.  I'd
put things like 1502 and 2777 into this category as well as a few in
your list below Gary (Other big changes that a general audience
probably doesn't care about but that we think great are removal of
HTableDescriptor from HRI, move to jamon for UI, and a bunch of others
that I see as I go through CHANGES.txt).

See in below:

On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 3:23 AM, Gary Helmling <ghelmling@gmail.com> wrote:
> * Distributed WAL splitting
> * Support for more Hadoop versions: 0.20+append, 0.20+security, 0.21, 0.22

So, we won't run against 0.21 out of the box.  It needs two patches
(I'll update the manual).  We should run against 0.22 without
modification.

> * Region Server graceful decommission
> * Region balancing improvements

This one is minor I'd say.  Other minors would be perf. improvements.

> * Compaction optimizations: per-column family compaction, multi-threading

I don't think we will have per-family compactions for 0.92.

St.Ack