hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Lars George <lars.geo...@gmail.com>
Subject HConnectionManager Docs
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2011 17:38:30 GMT
Hi,

It seems that the HCM docs are now outdated, as we now keep a reference
count of each connection, and as long as you call HTable.close() you are OK
with shared resources not lingering on. What I was wondering is:

1. Why do we offer a "stopProxy" flag?

Is that closing out all proxies for all connection, even if they are still
active? Or is that for only the RPC proxies used by that connection?

And why do we have a flag at all? Wouldn't you always want this to be
cleaned up? Especially for deleteAllConnection()?

2. What is getConnection() for?

Who is using this outside of HBase and Ruby scripts?

Lars