hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: HBASE 3904
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 15:48:50 GMT
On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 5:43 PM, Ted Yu <yuzhihong@gmail.com> wrote:
> HBA.createTable() takes too long to execute. Client receives Socket timeout
> exception.

This is because the create is running in the master?  Can we have
waiting happen client-side over in HBaseAdmin?

> Client calls HCM.isTableAvailable() which would report inaccurate status.
> I want to get other developers' opinion on whether HCM.isTableAvailable()
> should be accurate.

Do we need two forms?  An isTableAvailable that will looks at table
and if all regions are online reports true and then another
isTableAvailable where you know how many regions there are supposed to
be in the table and it returns true if that count of regions is open
and deployed?

St.Ack