hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HBASE 3904
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2011 22:01:29 GMT
That's not how it works, whether the createTable call is sync or not
the regions are first created in .META. before the call can return.

And looking at that code, it seems it's highly inefficient. We should
not change the enable flag for every region, we should batch put all
the .META. rows and we should not open a new HLog per new region.

J-D