hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: 0.92
Date Sat, 11 Jun 2011 16:17:55 GMT
I don't think you missed anything Eric.  The odd-numbered releases are
'dev' releases (as per
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/HBaseVersions where it talks of
0.89 regards 0.90).  It looks like we are going to skip doing a dev
release for 0.92 though that might change if its taking too long to
stabilize the 0.92 branch; in this case we might cut a 0.91 or two
from 0.92 branch.

St.Ack

On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 7:48 AM, Eric Charles <eric@apache.org> wrote:
> Just curious (I must have missed a thread):
> Why going from 0.90.3 [1] to 0.92, skipping 0.91.
> Tks,
> - Eric
>
> [1]
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/releases/org/apache/hbase/hbase/
>

> On 11/06/11 01:32, Jean-Daniel Cryans wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for doing this Stack, we should definitely branch soon and get
>> those unit tests under control.
>>
>> J-D
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 4:23 PM, Stack<stack@duboce.net>  wrote:
>>>
>>> I went through issues against 0.92 and moved out about 150 (smile).
>>> We're down to about 30 blocker/criticals.  Review and move your
>>> favorites back under the 0.92 banner if I was too blunt w/ the bulk
>>> edit.
>>>
>>> We should branch 0.92 soon but lets knock out the bulk of the
>>> outstanding issues before we do.
>>>
>>> St.Ack
>>> P.S. I suppose I've volunteered to Release Manage 0.92.  Let me know