hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Schubert Zhang <zson...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase balancer policy issue
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 04:13:26 GMT
We have encounter following issue:

1. A region have many files, the compacting takes long time.

2. But the balancer (default 5 minutes) close and move this region to
another server.

3. Then, the compacting start again.

4. Then, then balancer close and move it to another server.

Thus, the compacting cannot complete.

Now, we set the balancer interval to 30 minutes to remission this issue.

Schubert