hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HDFS-1599 status? (HDFS tickets to improve HBase)
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2011 22:46:43 GMT
Yes, and though I have patches, and I'm happy to provide them if you want...

Indeed, 347 doesn't do security or checksums so needs work to say the least. We use it with
HBase given a privileged role such that it shares group-readable DFS data directories with
the DataNodes. It works for us, though checksumming is on the to do list.

And I agree 947 is scary. However I did pull the last incarnation of 947 attached to the jira
into CDH3U0 for some ongoing testing with real load, combined with 918, which we did put into
production.

   - Andy