hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HDFS-1599 status? (HDFS tickets to improve HBase)
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2011 22:50:50 GMT
> From: Todd Lipcon <todd@cloudera.com>
>
> > I have patches for HDFS-347 and HDFS-941 (and
> > HDFS-918) for CDH3U0.
>
> Does your 347 patch do security? or just the one where it
> sneaks around back?
>
> Have you tested the others under real load for a couple
> days?

We use the sneaky 347 and, sure, it's a complete hack. We put DataNodes _and_ RegionSevers
into the TCB.

We only use 918, which indeed was tested under load over a period of time.

I put 947 into our "next" branch so it is up for evaluation next, among other changes (like
snappy integration). I could very well end up pulling it, depending.

  - Andy