hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Meil <doug.m...@explorysmedical.com>
Subject HDFS-1599 status? (HDFS tickets to improve HBase)
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2011 21:00:21 GMT
Hi folks, I was wondering if there was any movement on any of these HDFS tickets for HBase.
 The umbrella ticket is HDFS-1599, but the last comment from stack back in Feb highlighted
interest in several tickets:

1)      HDFS-918 (use single selector)

a.       Last comment Jan 2011

2)      HDFS-941 (reuse of connection)

a.       Patch available as of April 2011

b.      But ticket still unresolved.

3)      HDFS-347 (local reads)

a.       Discussion seemed to end in March 2011 with a huge comment saying that there was
no performance benefit.

b.      I'm working my way through this comment/report, but intuitively it seems like it would
be a good idea since as the other comments in the ticket stated the RS reads locally just
about every time.

Doug Meil
Chief Software Architect, Explorys
doug.meil@explorys.com