hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Gaojinchao <gaojinc...@huawei.com>
Subject A question about OutOfMemoryError
Date Wed, 11 May 2011 04:24:04 GMT
I have a question about region server OutOfMemoryError.

The write data flow control by base.regionserver.global.memstore.upperLimit.
If reach the upperLimit, hbase client will stop put data.
But It seems the replay hlog don't it.

If a region server crash, The other will crash again because of the cluster is all busy ?
It relates to parameter hbase.regionserver.executor.openregion.threads and memstore size in
version 0.90.X
If threads number is higher , It has a big risk.

I remember my cluster had some machines crashed in 0.20.6. but I can't root out.
It seems this reason. I want to test it in 0.90.x.