hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase balancer policy issue
Date Fri, 20 May 2011 15:33:59 GMT
I think your request is described in

Practically speaking, the scenario below can hardly occur (in trunk, at
If the tables are created with pre-split regions, the regions would be
round-robin distributed.
If the tables are created with single region, subsequent write operations
would cause the region split. Balancer would offload young regions to other
servers - see HBASE-3609
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-3609>which is not in 0.90

Refer to
http://zhihongyu.blogspot.com/2011/04/load-balancer-in-hbase-090.html for