hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Release 0.90.3 soon?
Date Wed, 04 May 2011 17:23:57 GMT
On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 8:57 AM, Ted Yu <yuzhihong@gmail.com> wrote:

> When would 0.91 branch be created ?
> We should reduce the number of open critical bugs for 0.90 - each such
> issue
> would soon be integrated to 3 branches after 0.91 branch is created.

Sorry, I should have been clear that I would imagine 0.91 would be a "dev
release" series like 0.89. That is to say, there would be no 0.91 branch,
just a few "snapshot style" releases with minimal pre-release testing to get
us in shape for 92. These releases would never have point releases done on
top (and thus not need to have changes backported to them one released).

Consider it another name for an extended release candidate period for 0.92.

-Todd