hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Release 0.90.3 soon?
Date Wed, 04 May 2011 04:07:49 GMT
IMO, HBASE-3777 is a critical fix -- it even addresses a regression
introduced in 0.90.0 -- but its too risky putting it out now in a
release from branch, at least just yet.  It was only committed a day
or so ago (Thanks Karthick and Ted for the hard work getting it in).
I think it needs a bit of bake-in.  We should be rolling a 0.92.0RC
pretty soon.  It'll get some testing then.

We can not risk a point release that is less stable than previous
versions; if we err, the cost in terms of support and community trust
is just too high.

Meantime, any chance of a backport of hbase-3777 Ted?

Good stuff,
St.Ack