hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Lars George <lars.geo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Thrift server bind address
Date Tue, 24 May 2011 11:34:53 GMT
The issue is this?

InetAddress listenAddress = null;
      if (cmd.hasOption("bind")) {
        try {
          listenAddress = InetAddress.getByName(cmd.getOptionValue("bind"));
        } catch (UnknownHostException e) {
          LOG.error("Could not bind to provided ip address", e);
          printUsageAndExit(options, -1);
        }
      } else {
        listenAddress = InetAddress.getLocalHost();
      }

The latter is not 0.0.0.0 but the current IP:

beanshell% InetAddress.getLocalHost()
de1-app-mbp-2/10.0.0.65

So we either need to change the command line help or set the address
to 0.0.0.0 instead.

Creating an issue.