hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Branch 0.90 Build Errors / Contributing
Date Mon, 23 May 2011 19:33:21 GMT
I took a look at master_jsp.java (which is generated during the build
BTW, it isn't part of the repo) and it doesn't contain "MetaRegion". I
think you've got some cleanup to do.

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 11:41 AM, Matthew Ward <matt@imageshack.net> wrote:
> Hello,
> I recently checkout out branch 0.90, noticing that eclipse is throwing up some red flags
in the following files:
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.generated.master.master_jsp.java
>        (Can't find class  org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.MetaRegion  )
> There's a few other files complaining about the same missing class:
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.generated.master.table_jsp.java
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.generated.master.zk_jsp.java
> Also seeing regionserver_jsp.java complain about undefined functions in HRegionServer
 (getSortedOnlineRegionInfos line 64)
> I set up my eclipse environment as instructed on the wiki, and I do admit I am primarily
a PHP dev, havent touched java since college - so there can be some user error on my part
> On a side  / related note: I am completely new to contributing to HBase, what is the
process for committing code back? I did some work on an .89 branch that my company is using
(Related to exposing the ColumnPaginationFilter in thrift), but git wouldn't let me commit
code back. What branch should I start work off of for 'normal' contributions? (trunk / master)?
> Thanks,
> Matt

View raw message