hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Shell scripting
Date Thu, 26 May 2011 17:20:55 GMT
On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 9:48 AM, Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcryans@apache.org> wrote:
>> Why does it stay inside the shell? I would have expected the same behavior as in

Doing ./bin/hbase shell SCRIPT_NAME might need a little work.  You
could add an exit to the script you pass or we could add an exit to
hirb.rb (Its where we figure if a script has been passed).

There is also ./bin/hbase org.jruby.Main SCRIPT_NAME.  Make sure you
doc that.   The former runs with irb context.  The latter is raw
(though the classpath has all you need on it).

>> Also, for a while now (and I have grown blind to them) we get these
>> INFO messages from the RPC classes. Should we add them to the block
>> where we set the logging level already, depending on the -d switch?
>
> The RPC logging is only in trunk, and I thought that Stack fixed it
> recently (or did he just talk about doing it? I don't remember).

Yeah, I thought I'd fixed that.  Do you see them in your regionserver
logs?  You updated recently?

St.Ack