hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: dynamic configuration loading
Date Sat, 21 May 2011 04:26:28 GMT
On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 8:03 PM, Andrew Purtell <apurtell@apache.org> wrote:
> Given that Hadoop does not require ZooKeeper, but we do anyway, I wonder if it makes
more sense to go our own route and host all of configuration in the ZooKeeper namespace.

This could work.  On configuration update, we could write the
difference to the filesystem on each server.   We could write each
individual diff as its own file.  We could change the Configuration to
pick up hbase-site.xml + hbase-default.xml plus any edits made since
last restart (edits could be written to conf or to an edits dir?)

Or, move Configuration into zk altogether.

St.Ack