hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: performance testing
Date Wed, 25 May 2011 04:27:07 GMT
We used to use PE.  Pluses were that you could run it as a
multi-threaded client or as clients hosted in a MR job.  Negatives
were that the loading was uniform and therefore unreal.  When YCSB
came out, we all went gah-gah for it because it seemed at first better
than PE in that you could put up different loading types via
configuration only, etc., but since then, the bloom as gone off the
rose.  Various complain that they can't get YCSB to put up a decent
tool.

St.Ack