hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: about HBaseAdmin
Date Thu, 19 May 2011 04:23:17 GMT
Gao:

So, each time you create an HBaseAdmin with a shared Configuration,
you get the below exception?  Or not every time but only when you have
30 connections?  What do you think changed things in 0.90.3?  Was it "
  HBASE-3734  HBaseAdmin creates new configurations in
getCatalogTracker"

Thanks,
St.Ack

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 6:48 PM, Gaojinchao <gaojinchao@huawei.com> wrote:
> The api HBaseAdmin has modified, So we should add some introduce:
>
> If new a instance , it needs delete connection.
>
> eg:
> HBaseAdmin hba = new HBaseAdmin(conf);
>
> HConnectionManager.deleteConnection(hba.getConfiguration(), false);
>

> public HBaseAdmin (Configuration c)
>
>  throws MasterNotRunningException, ZooKeeperConnectionException {
>
>    this.conf = HBaseConfiguration.create(c);
// new conf, so It will create a new connection

>    this.connection = HConnectionManager.getConnection(this.conf);
>
>    this.pause = this.conf.getLong("hbase.client.pause", 1000);
>
>    this.numRetries = this.conf.getInt("hbase.client.retries.number", 10);
>
>    this.retryLongerMultiplier = this.conf.getInt("hbase.client.retries.longer.multiplier",
10);

>    this.connection.getMaster();
>
>  }
>

> In my cluster.
>
> New HBaseAdmin instance will create a new connection for zk.( we share HBaseConfiguration
for multithread, It is ok for 0.90.2)

> But, In 0.90.3 throw exception:
>
> checkHtableState happen an exception. begin reconnect. exception info:org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ZooKeeperConnectionException:
HBase is able to connect to ZooKeeper but the connection closes immediately. This could be
a sign that the server has too many connections (30 is the default). Consider inspecting your
ZK server logs for that error and then make sure you are reusing HBaseConfiguration as often
as you can. See HTable's javadoc for more information