hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release 0.90.3 soon?
Date Wed, 04 May 2011 01:49:00 GMT
Although projects can call a user vote and consider it, project committers make such decisions.
Ultimately committers are responsible for insuring the quality of the code base. If a destabilizing
change goes in to a point release and users are affected, committers in effect did not do
their jobs well enough.

We had considerable trouble around 0.20.4 in this regard, though the change was a LOT bigger
and more invasive -- IndexedTable.

Personally, I'm satisfied that HBASE-3777 went into trunk.

   - Andy