hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Matthew Ward <m...@imageshack.net>
Subject Re: Branch 0.90 Build Errors / Contributing
Date Tue, 24 May 2011 00:40:13 GMT
You guys are right. I mis configured maven path var.

On May 23, 2011, at 12:33 PM, Jean-Daniel Cryans wrote:

> I took a look at master_jsp.java (which is generated during the build
> BTW, it isn't part of the repo) and it doesn't contain "MetaRegion". I
> think you've got some cleanup to do.
>
> J-D
>
> On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 11:41 AM, Matthew Ward <matt@imageshack.net> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>

>> I recently checkout out branch 0.90, noticing that eclipse is throwing up some red
flags in the following files:

>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.generated.master.master_jsp.java
>>        (Can't find class  org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.MetaRegion  )
>>
>> There's a few other files complaining about the same missing class:
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.generated.master.table_jsp.java
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.generated.master.zk_jsp.java
>>
>> Also seeing regionserver_jsp.java complain about undefined functions in HRegionServer
 (getSortedOnlineRegionInfos line 64)

>> I set up my eclipse environment as instructed on the wiki, and I do admit I am primarily
a PHP dev, havent touched java since college - so there can be some user error on my part
:).

>> On a side  / related note: I am completely new to contributing to HBase, what is
the process for committing code back? I did some work on an .89 branch that my company is
using (Related to exposing the ColumnPaginationFilter in thrift), but git wouldn't let me
commit code back. What branch should I start work off of for 'normal' contributions? (trunk
/ master)?