hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Ferdy Galema <ferdy.gal...@kalooga.com>
Subject about HTable and HConnectionImplementation thread-safety
Date Wed, 11 May 2011 09:39:02 GMT
I understand HTable is not thread-safe. How about
HConnectionImplementation? I presume it is thread-safe, because
otherwise creating a HTable for each thread will only work when each
thread uses it's own Configuration. (Since Configuration is mapped to a
HConnectionImplementation). So, how does it exactly achieve
thread-safety? For example, will N threads result in N zookeeper
connections?

Secondly, are there any plans to improve HTable thread-safety /
efficiency? I'm aware of asynchbase, but I think it would be very nice
to have an efficient implementation out of the box.

Ferdy.