hbase-dev mailing list archives

From lohit <lohit.vijayar...@gmail.com>
Subject HConnectionManager max cached instances
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2011 02:26:30 GMT
Hi,

By looking at HConnectionManager it looks like from a single node a max of
31 connections can be cached.

>  static final int MAX_CACHED_HBASE_INSTANCES = 31;

I read the comment that this is based on the assumption that max client
connections to zookeeper is 30 from a single node.
ZooKeeper has an option to change that value, but we seem to be doing lot of
cache misses if we made more than 30 connections from a client.
This cache miss end up making new ZK connection and if number of HTable
operations are more, we see spike in ZooKeeper connections from single node.

This is seen in hbase.0.90.2. Is there any work around for this apart from
change the code?

--
Thanks
Lohit