hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: zookeeper connection hangs during shutdown
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2011 17:45:39 GMT
On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 2:30 AM, Bogdan Ghidireac <bogdan@ecstend.com> wrote:
> Is is possible to add a timeout and then force a System.exit() ?

Yes. Of course.  Sounds bad.  How you think this scenario came about?
Is the zk ensemble up and running still?  Whats the last thing in this
regionserver log?  Anything in the .out file?  I've not seen this
before but, hey, the world is a wide and wonderful place.  We could
run the zk close inside a thread and interrupt if it goes on too long
(Let me ask the zk boys if they've seen this before too).

St.Ack