hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: "NOT flushing memstore for region" keep on printing for half an hour
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2011 03:40:46 GMT
2011/4/25 Zhoushuaifeng <zhoushuaifeng@huawei.com>:
> Thanks St,
> I found that when running closing parent region to prepare for split, preflush occurred.
But for some reason, an IOException throwed from hdfsclient, and caused preflush failed. Then
split failed.
> We have made some change on HDFS and will check why Exception happened.
> But I don't know details on how hbase handle the exception. When rolling back the split
operation, will it reset writestate.writesEnabled to true?
> If not, it will hanging writestate.writesEnabled to false and causing all other flush
operations false.

If we fail a split, we rollback.  Usually the rollback is clean (There
is a unit test that exercises various failures splitting verifying
rollback works) but for sure there could be bugs in here.

I would be interested in the log of that regionserver.

Thanks,
St.Ack