hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HConnectionManager max cached instances
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2011 11:58:55 GMT
Pardon my limited knowledge of asynchbase internals, Benoit.
HBASE-3777 is big. It is not specific to RegionServer operations.

It is now easy to see a good design (M. C.
which wasn't in 0.90 or trunk.
w.r.t. M. C. Srivas<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ViewProfile.jspa?name=srivas>'s
comments, the way connection-specific properties were chosen has historical
reason. It has to cover all use cases from both server, client and unit test
code where developer(s) expected new connection to be made.

One of my initial goals was to make TableOutputFormat more user friendly.
After HBASE-3777 gets checked in, we will continue listening to user
feedback and see if my goal has been achieved.