hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Helmling <ghelml...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Exec implementing Row
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2011 06:04:54 GMT
On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 10:47 PM, Gary Helmling <ghelmling@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is a remnant from initial plans to do single-RPC-per-RS batching of
> coprocessor RPCs via the parameterized
> HConnectionManager.HConnectionImplementation.processBatchCallback() method.
> Currently we do a single RPC per region for HTable.coprocessorExec()
> invocations.
> processBatchCallback() takes a List<? extends Row>, hence the "implements"
> for Exec.
Actually, as a side effect of this, you _could_ currently construct a bunch
of Exec objects and call HTable.batch(List<Exec>) and I think it would work,
returning you a ExecResult[].  So I take back the part about it being
internal implementation only.  On the one hand, this could be useful, on the
other potentially confusing.  It depends where we want to take the CP RPC

If we drop the Row implementation from Exec, we should also strip out the
Exec handling in HRegionServer.multi() and any other places.