hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject ColumnInterpreter and HbaseObjectWritable Was: HbaseObjectWritable and UnsupportedOperationException
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2011 18:37:55 GMT
Renaming the subject to better reflect the nature of further discussion.

There're two considerations for my current implementation attached to
HBASE-1512.
1. User shouldn't modify HbaseObjectWritable directly for the new class
which is to be executed on region server.
2. The reason for introducing interpreter is that we (plan to) store objects
of MeasureWritable, a relatively complex class, in hbase. Using interpreter
would give us flexibility in computing aggregates.

Cheers