hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Weishung Chung <weish...@gmail.com>
Subject disk seek in range search
Date Sat, 26 Mar 2011 15:57:02 GMT
Dear fellow HBase developers,

Could someone educate me and let me know how to figure out the number of
disk seeks involved in a range search (startRow to endRow specified in
Scan). Also, could anyone give me the details of all the steps involved once
the Scan for range retrieval is called? I know somehow it needs to figure
out the regionservers used in hosting the rows but I still don't have a
clear understanding the whole steps involved :( :( Also, there is a data
index block in HFile, I was wondering how the index block is utilized in
figuring out the location of all the rows.

Thank you so much for satisfying my curiosity :)

Have a good weekend and enjoy :)

Wei Shung