hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: zookeeper start failure HBASE 0.91 Trunk + Hadoop 0.20-append failure with Pseudo-Distributed conf
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2011 05:46:56 GMT
On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 1:30 PM, Jerome <jcoochie@rocketmail.com> wrote:
> localhost: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/apache/hadoop/hbase/Leases

This looks like basic case of classes missing from CLASSPATH.  You
sure you built it properly.  Tell us more about your startup context
(GERONIMO is name of machine, not geronimo container?).

Because of above, regionserver is not starting.

> 2011-03-30 21:57:04,015 ERROR
> org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeerConfig: Invalid configuration,
> only
> one server specified (ignoring)

Are you using the right version of zookeeper?  Are you using the
version that came w/ hbase 0.90.x?

Oh, I see you are running hbase trunk.

Why don't you try the 0.90 branch first.  TRUNK has no guarantees at
the moment.  Check out 0.90 branch (See it in viewvc here
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hbase/branches/0.90/).

> Could it be because I included in hbase/lib hbase-0.20.3-indexed.jar and
> hbase-0.20.6.transactional.jar alternate packages for further indexing tests ?
> because I am using non-Sun JDK ?

Yes, this could be the problem.  Do not mix jars from different hbase versions.

Also, as far as we know, we only work with sun jdk.

See requirements up here:
http://hbase.apache.org/book/notsoquick.html#requirements

Oh, this is probably your immediate problem:

<property>
       <name>hbase.regionserver.class</name>
       <value>org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.IndexedRegionInterface</value>
   </property>

That is not in hbase 0.90.x

Cut back your configs to the bare minimum.  See beyond the above cited
requirements for instruction on how to set up pseudo-distributed mode.
 Follow them to the T.

Good luck J,

St.Ack