hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject HBASE-3714 and HTable ctor
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2011 16:09:03 GMT
Hi,
Background:

I was looking at references to this method in HTable:

public HTable(final String tableName)

 There was only one, by LoadIncrementalHFiles.

Actually my coworker stumbled on the above method which cost him a week to
track down the root cause - lack of zookeeper specification.

I think with the patch in HBASE-3714, we're able to make the above method
package private.
I understand that some users may be using the above method. But the success
of this method may be incidental. And such change wouldn't be the only
compatibility change in 0.90.x from earlier releases.

Please comment on my proposal.

Thanks