hbase-dev mailing list archives

From jiangwen w <wjiang...@gmail.com>
Subject move meta table to ZK
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2011 04:26:41 GMT
how do you think about moving meta table to ZK, so no meta table are needed.
if we do so, we need enhance ZK in the following way:
1. let children of ZNode in order.

if we do so, we can benifit:

1. no need to treat meta table as a special way. this will simplify the code
a lot
2. ZK is highly available, so we don't worry the availablility of the meta
data.
3. currently if the region server where meta table is on failed, the whole
cluster may pause.
    if we move meta table to ZK, there is no such problem.
4. meta table may be a hotspot, but in ZK reading is scalable by adding more
observers.

Sincerely