hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: disk seek in range search
Date Mon, 28 Mar 2011 16:23:56 GMT
I think you are asking for a bit too much :)

Let's do it the other way, show us what you think are the answers to
your questions based on currently available documentation and by
looking at the source code, then I'm pretty sure someone will be happy
to verify it.

Start by looking at the bigtable paper, then use Lars George's blog posts like:

http://www.larsgeorge.com/2009/10/hbase-architecture-101-storage.html
http://www.larsgeorge.com/2010/01/hbase-architecture-101-write-ahead-log.html
http://www.larsgeorge.com/2010/05/hbase-file-locality-in-hdfs.html

And then try diving into the code.