hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: hbase-2001 added getZooKeeperWatcher and getCatalogTracker to RegionServerServices but these two methods are in Server
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2011 05:21:01 GMT
On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 9:26 PM, Gary Helmling <ghelmling@gmail.com> wrote:
> RegionServerServices is made available to RegionObserver coprocessors via
> RegionCoprocessorEnvironment.  The intent was to allow coprocessors to have
> limited access to the region server in context.  The same is true for
> MasterServices, which is made available to MasterObserver cps.

Seems odd that a CP, a region-scoped thing, would want to make use of
the catalogtracker and/or zk?

> The AccessController coprocessor makes use of both.  Do you think
> coprocessors should access ZK and the .META. table in a different way?
>  Let's discuss, otherwise, please do not remove them.

I won't remove them, no worries.  Maybe the RSS should implement
Server Interface then?  At least, we should fix the fact that Server
does getZooKeeper to get ZooKeeperWatcher while RSS does
getZooKeeperWatcher (the 'right' name for the method).

St.Ack